Header

Header

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Today I woke up with some pretty sore shins. Sore to even walk on but they seemed a bit more irritated when I would tun on the ball of my foot. This has been something that I have struggled with quite a bit in all my triathlon seasons. Balancing the running intensity, volume, and frequency. I really don't mind running, but I only have so many days and hours per week before my 'running body' starts to fall apart. I can ride a 100 miles every day for a week and be fine, but if I run 3 days in a row, I am screwed.

Today I swam and rode the trainer. I ran into Jim and Claire in the pool. Jim was working with Claire and getting her more familiar with the water. I really adminre people who, at a mature age, (I consider this anything 25 and older) decide to take something on like this that takes them out of their comfort zone. What most people don't understand is that ALL of us at one time had to learn how to swim effeciently. It never really comes easy. It's something that you have to put in the time to do. Sometimes people pick it up quicker, but it always feels like you are trying to sign you name with the wrong hand for the first dozen times. And if you realize that you just are not menat to swim, there's always duathlon. So I felt luck to share lane with them.

Then I got home to see the Gallaghers at our hous setting up the bike for a little evening trainer ride. Now that is accountability. When you have people ready to ride, you are definitely more apt to ride yourself. We rode for quite a bit and watched a funny move. Natalie called it rude and crude, and Greg and I laughed the whole way through. I was even in the middle of some harder intervals and I still found myself laughing. That's pretty cool. They also brought over some lasagna that we devoured. What and unexpected gift this evening to share with some great people. Hard to believe that today I was able to get in about 2.5 hours of training and none of it really seemed like that much work.

2 comments:

The Farrell Family said...

Glad to see that you're back online. I look forward to reading your upcoming posts.

Love, Amy

jessithompson said...

I loved seeing Klaire in the pool with Jim. She rocks!