Header

Header

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursdays... I love Thursday. They are the new Fridays, and Fridays feel like Tuesdays since Thursday is the new Friday.

Anyway, business first. I just ran today. I knew that this run would be a tell tale sign as to how my shins were responsding to my recent training and increaded intensity as well as volume and frequency. Typically do not wat to increase all 3 of those at the same time. But tonight was the weekly Headlamp Run hosted by the Gallaghers. I was feeling pretty tired when I got home from school and actually was wondering if I might be coming down with something. Jessi got me on some Emergen-C and up a dose of Enerprime. Don't know if it will help , but it can't hurt. I took a small nap and got up a bit before we were supposed to leave. I rushed to get all my gear together and headed out the door. I ended up forgetting my headlamp, reflective clothing, iPod, and HR monitor. Oh well, all things that I can run without, but frustrating. It was a great night tonight. Temp. was a balmy 15 degrees at the run start time. Roads were pretty good, but still needed chains for 'safe' running. We took off pretty quick with Greg pushing the pace. We ended up running the entire loop (4.5 mi) about 1 minute faster than we had before. Pretty happy about that, but I am wondering what my shins will feel like tomorrow. Good run though.

On a side note, I played a little joke on Tiffany today that I thought was pretty funny. But when you have to explain the joke to the person, it kind of loses the humor. But that is just the way they go sometimes. Thanks for being a good sport. I got so many more that I am looking forward to. Thanks to both you and Jessi for 'encouraging' me to do this.

3 comments:

jessithompson said...

just because we hid your cell phone up in the ceiling tiles and then called you in the middle of class doesn't mean we're 'encouraging' you... ;) although i must give you some credit because your trick on Tammy was a pretty good one.

LORIE said...

Welcome back.

Tiffany said...

Even though you had to explain the joke, it was still freaking hilarious. You knew exactly what I was thinking when I saw that sign! Pretty funny. Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve. Just know that it will never hold a candle to our cell phone joke!

I envy your motivation to get all of your work outs in! You are very inspiring. Pretty cool that you guys started such an awesome club with fun people to help you get up and get out the door! :)