Header

Header

Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow Day

Well, here it is Monday, a Snow Day form school. Love the snow day for the fact that it's not a 3 day weekend, but hate the snow day because we normally don't find out about it until the morning of... like 5:30am. So it's not like you can plan anything, but you can sleep in. Unfortunately, we will have to make this day up, and it will probably be over the President's Day weekend which was going t be a 4 day weekend. Oh well. It comes at a good time because i have not been feeling that well, and am pretty congested with a tad bit of a cough. So I was able to roughly sleep in unil 10:00am.

Last Friday Jessi and I joined Rick and Berkely Phillips, and Martin and Vicki Scates at Twigs for dinner. We got there about 6:30 (and by the way, I was the first one there... yes, me... I actually had to 'wait' for everyone else). We ended up staying there until about 10:30 chatting and enjoying a great dinner and dessert, and coffee. I think we will be regulars there.

The weekend training went well. I had a pretty hard ide to do and I was concerned about the power output I would be able to do being a little ill. But I was able to maintain what I was supposed to and felt pretty good during the ride. I doubt I would have got up to do the BAT, but it was at our house with about 23 people. We had to have people up stairs as well as down. We had a great breakfast too that so many people contributed to. Most people did not feel like it was a training session... the time went by so fast. After the bike, Jessi, Amanda and I went for a run in the 15 degree weather. Nice to run and chat with people.

After the BAT many of us went to help fellow Tri Fusioner move from Liberty Lake to what I like to call 'the north side of the valley.' Ben and Jessa moved into a new home near the Centenial Trail. Great place, great location.

Sunday was the normal Mornings With Martin at Oz. Had a pretty good showing. It was a good swim but I was not too sure how it would go since I was feeling a bit ill, but made it happen. Many of us went to Twigs afterwards for breakfast and had a phenomenal meal. Wow, I am so glad they are going to be part of Tri Fusion this year. Nice partner to have. But after you swim that hard, then stuff yourself with carbs., it is hard to do anything but got to sleep.

So, that is the update as to what has been happenening. Still trying to stay on top of it all.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Sounds like a busy weekend! So sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Nice job managing to get your workouts in, even when you're not feeling 100%. As always, you are very inspiring!