Header

Header

Monday, February 04, 2008

Weekend Training

Wow, what a weekend. Even with an entire week off, I still found myslef a tad tired and working hard to get through the workouts. Not necessarily getting them in, or done, but the rigors associated with them.

Saturday:
Started off with a BAT at out house. We packed 12 Tri Fusion members into our basement for some fun riding. I think people were able to get in the desired time. Some rode 1 hour, others rode almost 3 hours. I was able to get in my ride which had some tougher interval work associated with them followed by an enjoyable run with Steve, Francie and Jessi. The roads were pretty clear, and cars were friendly, other than a couple that were either on their phones or texting. I think I am going to start getting people's liscense plates and posting them on my blog... that's an idea. And if you want to investigate who 'owns' the vehicle, that would be totally up to you. Then again, it would be a little tough to remember all of numbers and letters. I digress. After each BAT we have breakfast that so many people help supply food for. It's so great to see people take ownership in these events. Good training with great people, and all done by 9:00am.

Sunday:
Sundays always start off with picking up our Toree, who babysits Emma while we do our weekly Tri Fusion Master swim. This has been one of the most successful activities that the club has been doing. It is actually the very first workout that we regularly did when we first started as a club and we were a board of 13. I have to say that, selfishly, I roped in as many people as I could in late September and early October because I was training for IM Hawaii that was in mid October. They were initially called the 'Starbucks Swims' because we would meet at Starbucks and then drive out to Medical Lake. Now we take over the Oz Fitness pool for 1.5 hours with a paid life guard and have about 25 people swimming each week. Wow, what fun. Again, I digress. So the swim on Sunday was a good one. More peple showed up to swim in the middle lane (the one that I choose to swim in) which makes it a little mroie fun with people pushing onean other.

After the swim I still had a longer run to do which I was able to do on the road in the beautiful sunny weather. I ran on the side of the road and had little trouble with traffic even though most of them were on their way to a Super Bowl party and probably had no clue what a triathlon is nor a triathlete... so I appreciated all the times people slowed or gave me room. The run went well, felt smooth, and I am looking forward to some speedwork soon.

It's February, anf my first race is only 1 month away... gotta get after it.

4 comments:

jessithompson said...

Thanks for doing the cycling intervals 'with me' on Saturday... it helps to know you're pushing yourself right there next to me. I love the visual hit of looking down and seeing our shoes moving n' sync with one another when we're pedaling the same cadence.

Thanks for all the encouragement and support with training. I love you.

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Hi Rog!
Wow..one month before your first race? Which race? Where is it?

Good luck with all of your training! It was fun to have dinner with you guys to celebrate my birthday! Thanks too for your suggestion about using the refresh button on my temperamental computer. It did the trick!

Have a great Tuesday!
Love Linda

Tiffany said...

Nice job getting all of your work outs in! Wow, being all finished at 9am on a Saturday morning...I wonder what that must feel like?

I hope the Superbowl was as awesome for you as it was for me. I like to arrive at the party, and have no clue who is playing. I know you were sharing my enthusiasm. I could see it in your eyes at the swim!

LORIE said...

Roger. . . I have fond memories of the Starbucks Swim which graduated to Morning with Martin to Masters Swim. Hopefully I will make it there again.. . .at least a cheerleader :-)