Header

Header

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Friday, Feb 15th


The weather this week has been pretty amazing. The snow is receding and the dry roads seem to be emerging. I was able to get out on the road for the 1st time this year on Friday afternoon. It felt so great! I rode a bike that a friend loaned me. Well actually, he bought my Felt DA, and the carcass of his old bike lie idle in my basement without pedals or a seat. It was all but retired. Probably a market value of $250. It was pretty dirty and needed a good overhaul. So absolutely perfect for a ride on the silt covered roads. So I threw on my $3000 power meter, pedals, and saddle. Made some minor adjustments (or should I say removal of unnecessary parts), and it looked like a newborn bike. I could hear it smile. I am sure the bike’s spirit thought for sure it would never see the road again… left to a life sitting in the back of a garage, and then eventually in a garage sale for $45. But it made a comeback that Friday and it ran well. I rode about 25 miles and it felt so great to be on a road bike again… no aero bars. I was excited at the opportunity to ride outside on Saturday and skipping an early morning BAT.

2 comments:

jessithompson said...

You are a TRUE CYCLIST at heart, babe. You're like a kid at Christmas when it comes to getting back on the road each spring... oh, I mean winter ;)!

Anonymous said...

Love that you still are still passionate about riding!
Love, Mom