Header

Header

Monday, November 06, 2006

What doesn't look right in this picture?

This is Jessi posting for "gimpy" who has his foot elevated after spraining his ankle on a run this evening. We just got back from Urgent Care and got the good news that nothing is broken, but that the sprain is pretty bad. No running for 2-3 weeks, but he can swim and bike as long as it doesn't hurt. He has to stay off it completely for a few days though. Rog actually rolled his ankle twice on this run, and the second time it nearly brought him to his knees. But being the brilliant man he is, decided not to go to one of our friends' houses just a block or two away, but jogged another mile home. Grrrr! Anyway, the swelling is even improved since earlier tonight (these pics are probably 50% better than earlier tonight) and Rog doesn't look quite as nervous as he did when it was really starting to swell. He'll be on the mend in no time and is grateful that it happened now and not a few weeks earlier.




Someone wanted a picture of her feet to be included too... she was really sweet to her Daddy and kept telling him how brave he was at the doctor's. I could tell though that she was pretty nervous to see her Daddy hurting. Emma loves her Daddy SO MUCH! Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Kim Herring said...

Hi Roger! I know a sprain won't keep you down for long and I hope it heals quickly for you. Thankfully it didn't happen a month ago.

Emma - I like your socks!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you hurt yourself, Rog! OW! I'm so glad there's nothing broken (...memories of Linda's prolonged disability and recovery...). I know (father-in-law-speak) you'll follow the program and avoid doing things which cause pain, and keep your range of motion during your gradual and careful rehab process. We have a balance platform and some good "exercises" to pass on to you if you need 'em.

Good skill!
Tim

LORIE said...

that sucks. . .

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

WOW...I am SO sorry that you are joining me in the "hurt ankle club." I'm SO, SO pleased that it isn't broken!!! I'm glad to share some healing "tips". Prayers for a quick recovery : )Love, Linda
PS thanks for your entry on my soon to be unveiled blog!!

The Farrell Family said...

Sorry to hear about your injury Rog. I can't imagine being in that much pain and still having a mile to go. YIKES! We'll pray for a speedy recovery. Love, Ryan and Amy

tak2lmt said...

Roger, You should always watch where you are going. What where you looking at. I think you should take a couple of months off. That looks like a pretty bad sprain. I would take next season off and make sure it makes a full recovery. You never know about sprains? You might be able to get back into the season in July. I know you will recovery great. Emma I love those little feet.

kathibest said...

Hey Mr. Tri-Fusion President, Just an FYI! I wanted to let you know that I am willing to offer my talent to the club at no charge. I was thinking that at our next monthly Tri-Fusion meeting, I could teach a class on running technique, I have some really cool drills that teach how to run without turning your ankle. Let me know if you think this would be of any value to the club..............

kathibest said...

O.K. I am really tired of looking at your stinky feet..........

I see a new exciting post in your future...........