Header

Header

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Timex Triathlete Tim Hola before IM World Championships

I was able to sit down with Tim Hola a couple days before the big race. Tim is one phenomenal guy that I have admired since 2004. I pretty much "result stalked" him for years. Then, in 2007, I ran into him in the post race tent after Oceanside. We were both grabbing some pizza or something and I introduced myself. We chatted for a bit. But the one thing that I remember the most about that conversation was when I asked Tim if he would be in Kona that year, and he said, "I don't know, I have not got a slot yet." And in my mind I was thinking, 'What? Tim Hola not racing Kona? Are you kidding? That's like a fish without water... or Christmas without Santa.' It just goes to show you how humble this guy is considering this year marked his 11th straight Kona appearance. Not only is he an amazing athlete, but a father of twin boys, has a full time job, and has a beautiful wife. This nice guy finishes first...a lot.

Enough said. I will let the interviews do the rest of the talking.

Thanks again to Dave Erickson (www.daveerickson360.com) for doing the video coverage as well as the editing.





No comments: