Header

Header

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Next One...

Okay, so it's been a bit since my last post. Not much has happened really in terms of triathlon. Did a couple of 1/2 IMs (Lake Stevens 70.3 and Troika). They were both pretty fun and tough. Of course the heat was a factor in both races, as it always has been for me in any endurance event. It's normally the hottest day of the year. I don't know if that is a good thing, but somehow I have been able to finish.

This weekend I, along with Jessi, Emma, and Kathi Best, will be heading up to Ironman Canada in Penticton BC. I have never raced this one before, and I am looking forward to it. I can't say that my training has been 100%. I have this looming event in late October that just seems soooo far out. So I have been taking it a little easier this summer after IM Cda. After I secured a slot to Kona, I felt a lot of pressure for IM Canada gone. So, I have to figure out what I am going to do up there. First would be to finish. Always easier said than done. But I would like to go a little easier in the swim and the bike this time and have a faster run. The last 3 IMs that I have done have VERY similar marathon times. In 2004 the two I did were 4 seconds apart. This year in IM Cda, it was about 30 seconds slower. I should be able to have a better run if I come off the bike a little better and start running easier miles from the start. You always feel like you are doing that until about mile 15, that's when the mile times seem to start falling apart.

Last week we sold our boat. It was hard to see it go, but we just were no using it. Even when we would go up to Diamond, we would end up going out on the boat with John. It's hard to believe that we used to put 200+ hours on it each year. This year, 4. Those boats are meant to be driven. When they are not, you start to have problems. We have had a lot of great memories on that boat. We got it when Jessi and I first got married. It was something that we both loved to share together. We made a lot of new friends too because of a common love for watersports. It's not to say that we won't get another... just not this year.

So, since we don't have a boat to haul, no need for a big rig. So we sold the Excursiona and bought a Subaru Outback wagon. Mark will tell you it was so we could be like him. Regardless, I love it, and it's fun to drive.

We will be heading up to Canada in the Subaru Outback. Not too sure if we will be taking the trailer or not. We might get one of those roof boxes... who knows. It's quite a bit smaller than the Excursion, but it's pretty fun to drive.



We recently had a garage sale too. Boy did we unload some stuff. Just about all of our watersports gear, and a lot more odds and ends we do not want to store. Nice to start to get rid of that suff that has been being hauled from house to house. I'm sure we will regret it and have to go and buy it again... oh well.

That's about it from here. I really will attempt to do a better job keeping things updated. Maybe more on training and racing. But there has not been too much training lately. Canada will be a great test.

2 comments:

tak2lmt said...

I wish I could train like you. Love the number 490 classic. When you get to the finish at Canada dont forget about the ones still on the course killing themselves. Looking foward to a great race.

kathibest said...

Are you thinking about the roof box for the Subaru before Canada to put me in? YOu are desperate for a cheering squad!