Header

Header

Monday, August 21, 2006

Foot fetish...


Since so many of you are 'bragging' about your foot accomplishments, I thought I would throw mine in the mix as well. My second toe on both feet is slightly longer than my big toe (some call it the smart toe, but it never helped in school) which creates some problems when getting shoes sized right. So I normally have a large callus on both feet. And when that finally lets go, I start over with blisters. However, I think I had a fold in my sock at Troika and the 1/2 marathon created a couple blisters that look tough. Then on my 18 mile run last week, things only got worse. Oh well. It makes it tough to wear flip flops (though I am still fond of the old term 'Thong') when your feet look like some STD... not that I have ever seen or had one. Ahh, the life of a triathlete.

6 comments:

tak2lmt said...

Oohh my god. You need to amputate those things. I thought I had it bad that must hurt like hell. Those make me hungry.

jessithompson said...

The lady that did my nails yesterday actually asked me if I was embarrassed to wear sandals. Wonder what on earth she would say to you?

kathibest said...

Perfect time to go donate blood, they wouldn't even have to use a needle, they could just squeeze your toes into the glass tube!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rog! It's Sunday morning and you are doing Ironman Canada right now! We tried to call Jessi to wish you Good Luck, but her mailbox is full...so we are sending you love and HUGs for a great race!!!GO ROG!!! (or as Emma says "You can do it Daddy!!) : )
Love Linda and Bert

Anonymous said...

Guess I will post my most recent comments here. Congrats on a fabulous race! I followed on Ironman Live after talking to Cathy and was amazed by your run and finish. What an an accommplishment! Apparently you trained just as you should have. Wish we could have been there to watch and cheer you on. Hope to hear more about the race from you in person. Love Mom, Dad and Madison

Anonymous said...

Rog! Congrats on your great finish and being on the winner's podium! Super race!!We were with you in spirit! Love, Linda and bert