Header

Header

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

TIMEX Team Camp

I really don't know where to start on this one, or what to talk about. Do I start with how amazing the experience was? Do I focus on the support that TIMEX and other sponsors provided? Do I talk about the phenomenal experience hanging out and working with New York Giant athletes and staff? Or do I simply try to share the attention to detail that was not spared whatsoever? Tough call. I think I will just post a bunch of pics and try to explain what it all was, and you can formulate what you want.

The entry area to the Timex Performance Center (TPC)

I am not too sure what a Superbowl trophy goes for on ebay...but multiply that by 3.

Uh, well, if you follow football legends, then you will know that this is Carl Banks. He judged our videos we made. Pretty cool.
New York Giants...literally.

One of the many classy touches that TIMEX corporate did for us. Too cool.

This is the locker room where our names were in place of the New York Giants' names. I was down a bit from Eli Manning's, but mainly because I wanted to give him a little room. I tend to spread my stuff out a bit.

The TIMEX Performance Center where the New York Giants train. There were dumbells that were 150 lbs. We watched some of the guys doing some high rep sets with 325lbs on the bar...ya, I could do that, if I wanted to.

This is actually an underwater treadmill with jets. Kind of like an endless pool, and could be used similarly but you can also run on it too.

This was part of an assessment that indicates the potential for injury in certain areas. Pretty cool. There are a couple areas that I am more susceptible in getting injured.
VO2 Max Testing. Ya, it hurt, but a nice gift. There is a guy on the team with a VO2 max of 85. Can't tell you who though.


The indoor practice field...full sized and all that fancy rubber composite grass. We played a few football games on it. You want to see something funny? Watch successful triathletes play football. There are really no winners...just a lot of funny pictures.

Medieval Times...and the entire TIMEX crew. Quite entertaining, both the sporting event and the team.

The Big Apple baby!

Out front of the David Letterman Show Studios.

This is a pizza place right next to the David Letterman studios.

Hanging out with some pretty amazing people. Tim Hola, Rachel Ross, and Trista Francis

Getting my first NYC hot dog and pretzel

It looks like a normal hot dog. But it's not. It's a New York Hot Dog...totally different.

Bright lights, big city

If you cannot read, the front of the New York Times.

As always, this short 4 day camp is always a great time. It's an opportunity to have all the athletes on the team in one place and making some great connections. We will see one another from time to time throughout the year, but not everyone. Obviously the support from the team is phenomenal. But you will see all the new clothes, bikes, wheels, and other equipment in time. The camp this year was like no other. And yes, I know how lucky I am.

Though I never have really followed football before, I am now a New York Giants fan.

6 comments:

Nat said...

Rog,

What an amazing experience and opportunity for you! Despite your enormous athletic success, you remain humble and grateful for your gifts, and that makes you a true inspiration to others. You deserve all the treats and perks Timex has to offer!

Tiffany said...

One word: FAWESOME. I'm jealous...really, really jealous. But, I'm pretty sure Timex is going to pick me up next year, so I'll catch ya next time! ;)

Steve said...

That is a pretty awesome experience. The place is amazing. Looks like a ton of fun and nice to be able to enjoy it and actually get out and see what NY has to offer.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had this experience of NYC, the Giants' training personnel and facilities, and the Timex team reunion! You deserve the generous and comprehensive support, Rog! We're really proud of you!

Tim, Kris and Anna

Anonymous said...

a guy with a vo2max on the giants team or team timex

Roger Thompson said...

Anonymous,

A guy on the TIMEX Team. Crazy!

Roger